Thursday, June 26, 2008

Two New Blouses

Aha! 2 new summer blouses. Both are from McCall's 5388.

Changes I made:
  • Took in 1/2 inch from each side. (I went one size down than my usual pattern size and that was not quite enough.)
  • Shortened the length by 4 1/2 inches. This shirt was really long.
  • Turned straps into ties.
Shirt #1: Blue cotton from Joann's.

Shirt #2: Light weight seersucker from Thrift store.

Two pretty tops for me. I love the power that comes with being able to make your own clothes.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sewing Frenzy

My goal this week is to sew 5 tops. I have them all cut out and ready to go. We will be going to Hawaii in about 2 weeks for 2 weeks and I need something a little more tropical than what is standard here in Seattle.

An earlier project is the Amy Butler Anna Tunic, which I love on other people and only kind of like on me.


It looks Okay on me, but it looked worse before I adjusted the Yoke. The original pattern has these little wings that go over the top of my arms, but they just weren't that flattering on me, so I folded them over and sewed them down. Solved that little problem.

On the art front, I have been working on paper cuts which have been a lot of fun. Here is my first one. Nothing too earth shattering, but enjoyable none the less.


Monday, June 16, 2008