Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pear Sidecar

Here is my new favorite alcoholic beverage courtesy of the Jan 2009 (really, are we there yet?) issue of Fine Cooking Magazine.

Pear Sidecar (serves two)

1/2 cup Pear Brandy (I use Clear Creek Distillery's Williams Pear Brandy)
1/4 cup triple sec
2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
2 thin strips lime zest

Combine the brandy, triple sec, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake well and strain into two chilled martini glasses. Twist the lime zest into spirals and drop one in each glass.

So, I skip the zest, just use the juice of 1 lime, and shake in whatever glass I have handy. This is a strong drink with the brandy that I use, but it is verrrrrrry good. If the brandy was cheaper, I could get in a lot of trouble with this one.

No comments: