Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sewing Resolutions

Yes, I'm a little late on the resolutions, but I wanted some time to think about them before I committed. I don't usually have New Year's resolutions, so this is a first for me.

Sewing Resolutions
  1. As always, make more complicated and skill enhancing garments.
  2. Make lots of skirts. (I've decided that I look best in skirts. Pants are OK, dresses are fine, but I look good in a skirt.)
  3. Make at least one mini-wardrobe for each season. I tend to make just whatever I feel like, and then I have to go back and make a top or bottom to go with it.
  4. Make a fitted, lined jacket.
  5. Make a coat.
  6. For each season have a nice dress (and an extra black one for the Elks stuff I have to do.)
Knitting Resolutions
  1. Knit 5 sweaters for me.
  2. Knit 2 sweaters for Io.
  3. Try to enjoy some smaller projects. (I only really like knitting sweaters. I dunno why.)

3 comments:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

If you need someone else to knit sweaters for I'll email you my measurements. `-) Have fun with your resolutions!

Adelaide B said...

Thanks! Sometimes I forget this is all supposed to be fun. I hope having resolutions doesn't take away from that.

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.