Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Mystery Bundle

I have a weakness for the mystery bundle. I love sending off my money and getting back a package of surprise fabric. I have been disappointed before, but I have also been very very pleased. I recently took Fabric Mart up on their wool bundle: four three yard lengths of wool for $28. I am very happy with what I got. (Really really happy.)

This is the one that I and my camera liked the least:


It's a brown that really doesn't photograph well. I don't really love it, so I will probably save it for a project where I want to try something new, but I don't want to ruin the nice stuff.

And our next in line:


This is not really my usual red, but I think it might make a cute spring suit.

The 2nd place winner:


I think this will be one of those 70s style mid length A-line skirts. (Cut on the bias of course.) I never would have bought this, but I was excited to see it because I had an instant vision of what I wanted to do with it.

And our winner:


These will be a pair of wide-legged trousers. I will love these pants. I can feel it in my heart.

I will admit to the fact that there hasn't been much sewing going on here at the compound. I picked up a virus and haven't been feeling so well for a couple of weeks. I am working on a sweater for my daughter, but even that has been slow going. On the positive side of being sick, I am catching up on my Lost episodes, and will be done with season three soon. Ah, Sawyer. And, I am going back to S. Korea in June to visit friends, and maybe my freaking camera will be working this time!

5 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Nice fabric haul. I know you'll enjoy sewing it. Thanks for the comment on the pattern weights.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Wow, cool trip! South Korea must be fascinating. I love that last fabric too; it will make fabulous trousers.

Tany said...

Nice loot!

Hope you feel better soon, Adelaide

paco peralta said...

Hi Ann .- beautiful fabrics. I love the dark red. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Greetings from Barcelona and see you soon.

Paco

elbereth said...

I've been wondering about this wool bundle. Thanks so much for sharing!