Saturday, March 21, 2009

Finally

I have finally sewn something new. I was out of commission for awhile due to illness (nothing serious, just one thing after another), but I am back. Below is Simplicity 3790.



I have made this T-shirt 3 other times, but this is my favorite by far. I love this fabric, I got it at Nancy's Sewing Basket, which is my neighborhood fabric store. Most of the fabrics are out of my price range, but they are good for notions, and occasionally I find something that my pocketbook doesn't balk at. (I also buy my Burda World of Fashions there.) I like this pattern a lot, except for the sleeves, they are a little too gathered at the top, and I don't know how to change that without altering the width of the sleeve. (I'll figure it out.) I also added an inch or so to the length so that it hit me in a better spot. I regret changing the neckline to vertical stripes because I don't really think it looks that good. I tried to match the stripes on the sleeves, but it didn't work out that well either, but I am happy that I got the stripes on the body to line up. All in all, I do like it.

And a lovely food picture.



Black-bottomed cupcakes from Cooks Country. They were very tasty.

3 comments:

Lisette M said...

I think the top is very cute, and unless they sew no one will notice that the stripes don't match at the sleeves. Enjoy it!

Faye Lewis said...

Oh, I like your top and think the vertical stripe is a nice contrast. Of course I have that pattern, but have never done anything with it. I think I'll try that one. Thanks for your comment. I think I'll do a trial run on the double welt pocket today.

Tany said...

I love your new T-shirt, it looks awesome!