Saturday, May 2, 2009

High School Sewing

I was looking through some old photos today and found some pictures of clothes that I made my senior year in high school. Even then, I liked to make the same pattern over and over again. This was a vogue pattern (I think) and I made the two pictured here, as well as another one that I wore to graduation.

Senior Prom 1986



I loved this dress. I got the fabric from Joann's; it was some sort of patterned, polyester satin or something. (The boyfriend is Scott. He remains my best friend to this day. In fact, he was the one I was visiting in Ashland.) The skirt was tea length and a kind of combination between an A-Line and a circle skirt.

Lithia Park 1987



I'm the girl in the green dress. It's the same as the one above, but with a short, straight skirt and made out of wide-wale green corduroy. I wore it until it fell apart.

2 comments:

Tany said...

I sew since I was twelve and I also love to revisit the garments that I've made in the past... I wish I had the storage space to keep them all with me(they are all stored away at my sister's)

The Slapdash Sewist said...

What fun! I'll have to look for old photos when I visit my parents next.