Friday, June 26, 2009

New Skirt

I gotta new skirt and I love it! It's Simplicity 2655. I got the fabric at the other Fabric Mart. (It's a Hawaiian chain of fabric stores. I try to stop by whenever I am on holiday there.) It's some kind of cotton/poly blend. This was super simple to sew (did not use the directions) and I used a lapped zipper application for the first time. It ain't perfect, but it wasn't traumatic.



On another note, I hate Joann's. I went in to get 4 yards of cheap quilting cotton because I want to try a maxi-dress, but I don't want to spend a lot on fabric. I'm not sure that the style will suite me. Once again, the store was only staffed with three people: one at the cutting table, one at the register, and one wandering around. The line for the cutting table was so long and so slow I just left my fabric there and bought my sale patterns. I complained, but they just said corporate controls their staffing. I know that they don't have the best quality stuff, but sometimes they have what I want. Too bad I don't have the time to shop there. Ok. Rant over.

4 comments:

Uta said...

I love that skirt! I want that skirt! It's so colorful, fun, light-hearted... it combines all the reasons I'm craving some serious summer sewing right now. A post on that's coming up soon - hopefully.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

I really need to give a lapped zipper a shot. Your skirt is so cute!

Tany said...

Lovely!

Faye Lewis said...

That is too cute!