Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Girls Rock!

I'm still alive. I haven't done any sewing for a while because I have been too busy rockin. Well, I did go on vacation again to Southern Oregon before the rock began. (You may have noticed I go on vacation a lot. It's my hobby.) I am spending this week as a camp counselor for Girls Rock! Seattle which is a non profit group that fosters leadership and self-esteem for girls 9-16 through music. The girls take up rock instrument instruction, form a band, write an original song, and perform a concert. In one week. My girls are ages 9 to 11 and their band is called Swift Candy Fingers. How cool is that!

http://www.girlsrockseattle.org/Camp.htm

2 comments:

Uta said...

That camp sure sounds like fun. Wish I could go there!

chandara said...

Wow... great job on your dress. I sew too!