Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Catch-up

Vogue 2902

First off, here is a picture of Bradie in the dress. Two things: the bust wrinkle in the picture is not there in real life and we were in a hurry to get to the fair, so the picture could have been better.



Let me assure you, this is not how Bradie is going to style this dress. She bought special red heels and I made her a little belt to match the yoke. She was super excited to get the dress and told me she had never worn anything that fit so well. Ha!

Simplicity 2614



It's hard to see the details of this top because of the busy print, so this is about as good a picture as I could get. You can just see part of the neck tie at the top. This was a fun blouse to make, and I like the tie and sleeve variations. With the right fabric, this pattern has a retro feel, and I can see myself making up a bunch of these. (This one is made from a very light weight cotton lawn that I bought from fashion fabric club.)

I got to use both my narrow hem foot and my edgestitch foot, and this was my first time making a mostly bias garment. The fit is really good except for some pooling at the back waist, so I am going to try to a swayback adjustment on a muslin for the next iteration.

I am currently working on a Hot Patterns' pencil skirt in a beautiful black wool crepe. All I have left is the waistband. It's still a little warm in Seattle, but I am going to need it for some functions coming up.

No comments: