Monday, September 14, 2009

The New Look

It has been a lot of fun looking at everyone's Chanel-styled jackets at Go Chanel or Go Home, and I debated for awhile about joining in (I could sure use the skill-building,) but as I thought about it, I realized that the Chanel jacket is not the jacket for me. Don't get me wrong, I love Chanel: past and present. However, I have really never been much of a fan of the jacket. For me, the true love jacket is from Dior's New Look Period.


photo by Willy Maywald.

I love the fitted top, wasp waist, and wide bottom (the better to wear with a full skirt.) I am going to think very hard about trying to recreate something similar. (But maybe not accommodate such a full skirt.) Since I have never made a fitted jacket before, I will probably start with Vogue 8333.



This style does not have the little peplum thingy, but I think it is a great place to start while I do more research and look at vintage patterns. I have a Claire Shaeffer pants pattern, that I have never made btw, and the instructions look thorough enough that I don't think I will be too intimidated.

Coming up next, a new blouse and Bradie's vintagey dress.

No comments: