Friday, September 25, 2009

Pencil Skirt

Hot Patterns Plain and Simple Pencil Skirt:



I cut this out about nine months ago and never got around to sewing it. I think I cut out a size smaller that I usually did and then realized that I quickly outgrew that size. Crap. But, I held onto it, and when I recently lost weight, I thought I would just put it together and see what happened. It's perfect around the hips, but a smidge too loose in the waist. Still wearable. If I make it again, I will make the darts a little wider. (If I try to take it in at the side waist, I will never ever ever get the hip curve right. Take my word for it.)

This was super simple to sew. Waist and skirt are lined with black polyester lining, the zipper is hand picked. I also like the very deep hem. (also done by hand.) The fabric is a yummy black wool crepe that I bought at Fabric Mart. I am not overly fond of the Plain and Simple A-Line skirt cut, but I really like the pencil skirt. I imagine this will become a staple in my wardrobe.

Next up, a new sweater for Io.

No comments: