Thursday, September 17, 2009

Vogue 2902

Yay!!! I am finally done with Bradie's dress. (Vogue Vintage reissue 2902.) This is not a great picture of the dress, but it will suffice for now. I am hoping to nab a photo of Bradie trying it on before we go to the Puyallup Fair on Saturday.



Here is a better shot of the bodice:



This dress is fully lined (bodice with self fabric and skirt with polyester lining.) The fabric is cotton and I needed a little over 4 yards. Here is a picture of the inside of the dress:



The lining could be a little longer, but I had some issues with the hemming. After several false (or bad) starts, I ended up applying a navy, store-bought bias tape to the hem, which I think looks really good.



There is even a little inside belt to help the dress from pulling too much on the shoulder straps. (it provides some support.)

There was a lot of hand sewing on this dress: The yoke attachment, inside lining, and inside belt. It wasn't very complicated to sew at all, but it took me so long because I kept getting sick. I used two new pressure feet on this (edgestitch and narrow hemmer) and I have to say, I don't know how I ever lived without them. I am sooooo happy to learn new stuff.

I also have a new blouse, Simplicity 2614, which is my new favorite blouse pattern.


I can't get a decent flat picture of it, so I will try to get a shot of it when I am wearing it on Saturday.

2 comments:

gold said...

Cute dress and top!

When Ladies Dressed said...

LOVE the dress - I'm a big fan of polka dots - they are so fun and timeless! Kellie