Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Month of Tops #1

Well, I finally finished a top for the month of tops. Simplicity 3786.



I am not in anyway enamored of this top, but I don't hate it. Sometimes I need to wear something a couple of times before I figure out how I really feel. I've bought something I was totally in love with in the store, that just didn't make it after a few wears. (Fit was weird, fabric was itchy etc.) And the reverse has happened. I'm willing to give this a fair try.

This was the first time that I have made tucks (that I remember) and while the second side turned out much better than the first, I kinda like them. They add an interesting visual detail. For more info on this shirt, please check the Month of Tops site. (I have different blog entries for each site.)

1 comment:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Very cute! I really love pintucks as a detail and that top is no exception.