Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Month of Tops #2

Simplicity 2931: View F



This is a summer top that I had cut out and sitting around for months. It was super easy to put together and I wonder why I waited so long to make it.

Things that went wrong:
  • What is up with those sleeves?
  • Once again, tunic length. So unflattering.
  • As patterns go up in size, the shoulders just get farther and farther apart. People, not so much. I am not the same size that I was when I cut this out; so I had to take in the side seams a lot. If I were to make this again, I would take it in on the fold, which would make it smaller and take out some of the width of the neckline.
Things that worked:
  • Cut off a couple of inches. It's amazing what a big difference the right length makes.
  • Style works for person who is losing weight. (The next shirt up, not so much.)
This is not the most winter-appropriate style, but it will layer just fine under a sweater. It may also be cute with a long-sleeved T-Shirt underneath. And yes, that is a black velvet pirate painting in the back.

No comments: