Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December Planning

Well, not much sewing is going on here because of the flu. But I can have some fun planning head, and I have a least three things lined up for December.

1) Simplicity 3786


I will make the short-sleeved version with the pintucks. (Shortened of course. The tunic length does no favors for me.) The fabric is a black stretch cotton from Fashion Fabric Club.

2) Hot Patterns Plan & Simple 24/7 pencil skirt



I got this nice blue corduroy also from Fashion Fabric Club. I'm not completely sold on the A-line from this pattern, but I love the pencil skirt.

Barbie Clothes:



I think my niece Rowan needs some vintage-style Barbie clothes for Christmas.

I need a dress for this New Years Eve, but I haven't settled on anything yet. I don't go too formal, but I like to have something nice. Hmmmm. I dunno.

I'll leave you with some goodies that came in the mail for me this week. I love getting new patterns.

3 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Start the plan as soon as you feel better, I egar to see your new designs.

Uta said...

Get well soon! I love those Barbie patterns, I hope you get around to making something from them. (Although the pattern parts must be awfully small...)

Faye Lewis said...

Thank you, I'm eager to get the first pair made up too. I started pinning the pattern a few minutes prior to prewashing my fabric. I pinned and decided to prewash so then I had to remove all the pins. I really think that I am going to like this pattern a lot, so I'm tracing it out while the fabric is washing. I don't want to destroy the pattern.