Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Simplicity 3786

You may (or may not) recognize this shirt pattern from the Month of Tops. It is the pattern which was used for the first shirt, which I thought I hated, but turns out I don't. (It is hard to see the pintucks on this black fabric.)



This is me after coming home late after nice dinner last night. (Hence the cutting off of the tired face.) I used a stretch black cotton from Fashion Fabrics Club. I did not use a stretch fabric the first time I made it, and while that shirt is wearable, it is not as comfortable. The pattern calls for a ridiculous amount of ease, and I went one size below what I usually wear, because it turns out I don't like ridiculous amounts of ease. (A side note: I almost never actually use the sizes given on any pattern to determine what size I should make. I always look at the size of the finished garment, and compare to my own measurements + ease. If the pattern does not have finished garment measurements, and I am lazy and don't want to measure the thing myself, I will use the size chart and make a muslin.)

As per usual, I hemmed it up to shirt length instead of tunic length. (Hate tunic length.) I really like this pattern and am thinking it might make a cute dress. (Like dress length.) Hmm. I have a lot of other projects right now, so we'll see.

On the knitting and crochet front, I am busy on my Xmas presents, and will show some pictures after the day itself. I have a sweater going for myself, but that is on hold right now.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I see you are still making tops. =) I really like this one. I think I have that pattern also.

Faye Lewis said...

I really like that top. It has a relaxed fit while look girly.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Cute top! I just love pintucks.