Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Few Things Coming Up

I have several sewing projects going on right now in addition to learning to draft my own patterns. I usually only pursue one thing at a time, so we'll see how this all works out.

I have this skirt from Burda WOF 10/2006 all cut out and ready to go. It's just a basic bias skirt, but I had some black plaid wool from a Fabric Mart bundle that I'm not in love with. I thought it would be perfect to try matching some plaids. (I haven't really done much of that yet. I'm most worried about putting in the invisible zipper and matching plaids at the same time.)




My friend Bonnie (She of the Bonnie's Knitting hat post) gave me some vintage patterns last time I visited (she is, in fact, a Christmas Miracle) and I decided to make up this skirt. I have a charity auction to go to in February, and I think the shorter version in black wool would be lovely with my Sencha blouse. I will need to resize it quite a bit, but I think I am up to the challenge.



I am also working to turn my dress FAIL into a dress success.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Ooohhh, can't wait to see it!