Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sencha Blouse

Look what came in the mail! My new Colette patterns. (Click on image to make it bigger.)



I am very excited, and have started on the muslin for the Sencha top. (I have three of last spring's patterns, but have not made them up yet. I am very excited.)



If this shirt looks good on me, I can see myself making up quite a few versions. We'll see. I am about midway through the muslin and making some modifications. The armhole needs to be widened a bit, and I think I might make the neckline a little deeper to be more flattering on me. I have high hopes though. I have some fabric already set aside for the first version if this works out.



It is a polyester I got from Joann's years ago, but I have always thought it was rather pretty. Notice how it is all in focus? That's because I got a NEW CAMERA. Which I am still learning to use, but I think I may love it. (Nikon D3000) Once again, we will see.

6 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

That top is going to be TOO cute!

Barbara said...

Really really nice fabric! I hope the pattern works for you.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

That is such a surprisingly cute print from a Joann!! The lines of the blouse are very promising.

Uta said...

Oooh Colette patterns -I'm so envious! I've been trying to find a seller in Europe - no success so far. It'll look gorgeous in that fabric!

NGLaLALa said...

I need to get my hands on some Colette patterns. I've been envying them for quite some time. Good luck with your top!

Faye Lewis said...

Thank you for that sweet comment Pretty Sweet. Can't wait to see your new blouse.