Monday, January 4, 2010

Thank You Faye

Faye has awarded me a Sugar Doll award and I think that is awful sweet.



I am not much of a passer-on kind of gal (all chain letters stop here I'm afraid,) but I will list the 10 things about me.

1. I do not know how to drive. (I'm 41 and had a permit once when I was 20. Some people just should not drive. I am one of those people.)

2. My favorite book is Dracula. I have a thing for Victorian horror and sensation novels.

3. I watch a lot of movies, film noir being my favorite right now.

4. The writer Iris Murdoch sends me into a rage whenever I read her. For some reason I get really really mad. My husband thinks it is very funny.

5. My husband built a wood roller coaster in my yard.

6. I only go out to eat about once a week when I am at home. We like to cook. A lot.

7. I won a blue ribbon at the Puyallup Fair for my bread and butter pickles a couple of years ago.

8. I was hit by a car when I was 25 and he drove on top of both my legs with both sets of tires. Only one leg broke. (But that one really broke. My femur snapped in half, which is not cool.) I am mostly better, but I cannot run for long distances.

9. I have not had caffeine in over 10 years. I drink this dandelion stuff that is pretty good. People who know me assume that I am caffeinated because I can be somewhat energetic in real life. I am just like this. Caffeine makes me VERY anxious, and I don't really need the help.

10. I think my daughter is the funniest person in the world. She says no one else finds her funny. Then she accuses me of raising her as my personal clown. Hilarious.

5 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

I knew you were an interesting person.

Karin said...

Love the part about your daughter. I laughed out loud reading that. Nice to get to know you a little better. And ofcourse: Happy new year!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

What a horrifying experience, being run over by a car *all the way*!!!! Glad to hear that you are (mostly) better now.

Bonnie said...

Your daughter's accusation is hysterical! Very good job on the 10 things. You are highly interesting!

Mary E said...

I found your blog through Faye's blog, and I'm glad I did - your blog is fun. My own daughter's name is Adelaide!