Friday, February 26, 2010

A Few Notes

I've been under the weather this week, so not much going on over here. I just thought I'd cobble a few notes together for a little post.

Responses to some blog comments:

Uta has asked me a couple of times for some better pictures. (Back of the Sencha blouse and a complete outfit of the Bonnie skirt + Sencha blouse.) For some reason, I have never been able to take an in focus picture of the Sencha blouse back. I am pretty grateful that I have been able to take any in focus pictures at all, so I am not going to risk being cursed by complaining about my camera. It's all me. I have some pictures of me going to the charity auction the Bonnie skirt and Sencha blouse, but they are awful. First of all, I am not very photogenic. Since I am so lovely in real life, I can live with that. (Only partially kidding. I think I'm cute.) Secondly, I am a big fan of my husband. He's awesome. He also cannot take a decent picture to save his life. Thirdly, I had to lighten up the picture a lot to get any details of the skirt to appear, and now the blouse looks really funny. I know I am pretty lacking in the picture quality department and have the goal of improving that.

The Slapdash Sewist asked if I already had the fabric picked out for my Holy Grail of Vintage Patterns, Vogue Paris Original 1250. (There is a copy up for auction on ebay if anyone is interested.) Nope. I am too afraid to commit yet. I also have some serious resizing to do. Sometimes I get intimidated by things and need to proceed slowly. (Not that I think this pattern is too hard, but I want to get it just right. I want it to have the same sculptural qualities that it does on the pattern envelope.)

Current Projects:

I haven't been able to work on much this week. The Design-it-Yourself A-Line skirt has been put on hold until I no longer feel stupid (I've been dizzy all week,) and I retired the BWOF bias skirt. I just can't get rid of the ripples and it doesn't look so great that i neeeeed to fix it.

I am toying around a little bit with the dirndl dress pattern in the new Built By Wendy Dresses book. I am bigger than the largest size given, so I am having to grade up. We'll see if it is worth it.

Pretty Dress:

I saw this dress in the March Elle magazine. I wasn't impressed with the magazine, but this dress caught my eye. (Although I like it less on the model.) It's a Derek Lam.


Image from Style.com

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

I hope you feel better soon!