Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Muslin Mania

Muslin 2 of my Design-it-Yourself A-Line skirt:

I bought a hip curve!!!! Yay!!! I don't know how I lived with out it. I thought I smoothed out my hip line, but not so much. This innocuous looking curve here:


becomes this not so subtle shaping on the body.

The measurements seem to work out OK though. (Although I think I want the sweep - the measurement around the bottom of the skirt - to be wider.) Ah well, Version 3 coming up soon.

And here is the muslin for the high-waisted vintage skirt from the Bonnie Collection that was 8 inches too small around.


I am all sorts of twisted around in this picture, but the skirt fits really well. (I'll talk about my resizing process when I show the finished skirt.) I had some photo issues (this was the best of a bad lot) but I think this will look great in my real fabric. Which I have to order. So I can make this in the week between coming home from Hawaii and the Charity Auction that I want to wear this to. Black wool I think.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Great invention muslins! :-)
Hope you're having a great time under the sun