Thursday, February 4, 2010

My New Boyfriend Wade Laboissonniere

If you are at all interested in Vintage Patterns, you need to check out Blueprints of Fashion by Wade Laboissonniere. He's got a book on the 50s and a book on the 40s, and each one is a treasure trove of patterns. The books contain information on the industry, marketing, and of course lots and lots of lovely pictures of vintage patterns. While I do buy vintage patterns, I don't really consider myself as a collector. This book is great for folks like me who just like to get ideas for things to make, as well as people who are a little more serious in their hobby. (As per usual, you can click on the photos to get more detail.)

I bought the 50's book.


A sample page.


The 40's book (Checked out from the library, but soon to be bought.)


The pattern on the lower right is one of my all-time favorites.


(By the way, this is a vacation post. I am actually on a beach somewhere in Hawaii.)

5 comments:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

What cool books! Alas, my library does not have them. :(

Bonnie said...

Oh my! I think I must have these! Can we share him as a boyfriend? Thanks for posting this!

berylleonard said...

I will have to get those books! I hope the back of the envelopes with all the pattern pieces are pictured too. It takes me back to the days when I would play with my relative's pattern collections. My family has a long history of buying patterns as entertainment.

Adelaide B said...

The backs of the patterns are not included, unfortunately. That would be cool.

wade laboissonniere said...

There is enough of me to go around! So glad you like my books and find them helpful.
Good luck in your vintage pattern adventures. All the best,

Wade L.
please feel free to contact me at wade@wadelaboissonniere.com if you have any questions or comments...