Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pattern Review Mini Wardrobe Contest

Since I have pretty much lost my will to sew (but not, it appears, my will to buy sewing supplies) I am going to enter the Pattern Review Mini Wardrobe Contest. Hopefully, this will help get me back on track. The rules are simple: create four garments, that combined will create four different looks. I have a plan: two shirts, two skirts.

The Plan.
(The Plan is subject to change.)

Item one: Hot Patterns Plain and Simple 24/7 pencil skirt


This will be sewn in a blue corduroy from Fashion Fabric Club.

Item 2: McCalls 5522 (Over the elbow sleeves and with the ruffle. I think.)


This is a stretch cotton shirting also from Fashion Fabric Club.

Item 3: Colette Patterns Sencha blouse. (Not sure which view.)


Cotton Batiste from Gorgeous Fabrics.

Item 4: Skirt designed by me. (In progress.)


Red stretch twill also from Gorgeous Fabrics. (Matches better with the blue and red plaid than pictures may lead you to believe.)

Yay. I hope this helps get me back in my groove.

3 comments:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Looks like a good plan! I would love to participate but am losing two weekends in the contest period so there's no chance I could possibly finish two pieces, much less four.

Linda said...

I wish you luck on 5522! This pattern is drafted really well. It has different bust sizes, which is great. I guess I am addicted to the pattern... I think it will look great in the plaid.

Faye Lewis said...

I love to see other peoples plans. Not too good at making swap plans myself though.