Monday, April 12, 2010

Simplicity 4086

Simplicity 4086 is an OOP pattern that I made about a year ago. In red. I loved it. But then I lost 25 pounds and it no longer even remotely fits me. Now I have a new red skirt.



I love this pattern. I feel it gives a vaguely 40's retro air. It has just the right amount of flair and length. In the last version I put little blue french knots at the bottom, but I left them out so the skirt would go with more things. It is a very basic pattern. The only changes I made were to line it and insert an invisible zipper. The fabric is a very nice stretch twill from Gorgeous Fabrics. I stabilized the waistband by cutting on the non-stretch grain and adding twill tape to the seam. (This fabric is really stretchy.)

This is my 4th entry in the PR mini-wardrobe contest. Next up, the composite pictures.

5 comments:

Uta said...

Congratulations on the weight loss (assuming it was intentional)! I'm really inspired by the red and blue garments you're sewing; I may need a red skirt as well if I ever get all my blue fabric sewn up!

Faye Lewis said...

Nothing like a great fitting skirt. Yours looks fab.

Angela said...

Very nice skirt! Can't wait to see the complete wardrobe!

Raquel from Florida said...

What pattern did you use? It's lovely

Karin (the Mrs.) said...

Love this skirt. I really like that it's red. Beautiful!