Monday, May 31, 2010

Cool Birthday stuff

It was my birthday this month, and for the first time I got some sewing-related gifts. YAY!

My co-parent's fiance got me a stack of workbasket magazines and an old McCall's sewing mag.

My daughter bought me a jar full of vintage notions from an antique mall. (She saw me notice them when we went there on Mother's day.)



My husband got me this great book:



Some great pictures:



My husband also got me this.



That would be a Rowenta steam iron. It produces more steam than I know what to do with.



My girlfriends grimace when I tell them I got a new iron. Little do they know how much I am going to love this little machine.

8 comments:

Karin van D. said...

Well, Happy Birthday to you! You received some wonderful presents. They surely seem to know you well :-)

Uta said...

Happy birthday! Awesome presents, I'm jealous!

KID, MD said...

Oooh, I know what you mean. My dh got me a Rowenta for Mother's Day. and only my sewing buddies understood how awesome that was. Looks like a great haul!!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a nice haul...

Tasia said...

Happy birthday! Lovely goodies - that iron looks like one powerful machine!

Faye Lewis said...

Great gifts! Love the magazine.

Barbara said...

Happy birthday! What a great family!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

What a great set of gifts! Happy birthday!