Tuesday, June 8, 2010

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hi. I'm a little frustrated right now. I haven't sewn anything lately because I am working on learning how to draft a bodice pattern. I wanna make a dress. I can get just about everything right, but there is always some gaping at the armscye or some oddness at the shoulder.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Turns out, its not the pattern drafting that's a problem for me, it's fitting issues. GRRR. I have fitting and pattern drafting books up the wazoo, but I can't seem to fix this.

Ok. Tantrum over. Please return to your regularly scheduled program.

3 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

You can do it girl!

jennywren said...

Just wondered if the shoulder needs adjusting a little? As a simple experiment you could try slipping a shoulder pad in - IF that works then I think you just need to play around with the shoulder seam a bit. I am absolutely no expert - as is probably obvious - I just know it worked for me when I had a similar problem.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Yeah. This is why I sew from patterns. I can blame them for the bad fit. It has nothing to do with me, la la la.