Friday, June 25, 2010

Dress Inspiration

My co-parent's girlfriend gave me a bunch of Workbasket magazines from the 1960s for my birthday this year. The needlework projects are pretty cool, but it was the mail-order pattern pictures that ended up really inspiring me. The lines are simple, but feminine. I'm not a big fan of the hippy 60s and 70s, but I am really fond of the fashions left over from the 50s. I'm pretty sure I am going to use these dresses as inspiration for my pattern-drafting adventures this summer.

February 1968

February 1968


May 1965


March 1966

April 1967

November 1966


4 comments:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Ooooh, great dresses. My favorite is the turquoise one from Feb 1968. Too bad the patterns can't be mail ordered any longer!

Uta said...

How great are those? I love the side buttoned yoke dress!

Summer said...

Those are fabulous!

Barbara said...

Beautiful!