Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Simplicity 2931: Quick Summer Tops

If it ever gets warm in Seattle, I am going to need some cute summer tops. So, I reached into the stash and pulled out some cottons I've had for a couple of years and this pattern:



I made this once in November during Faye's Month of Tops, and wasn't sure how I liked it. I've been wearing it recently and have gotten some compliments, so I said what the heck. I fixed a small fitting issue and cut out both shirts on Sunday night. (While watching The Hard Way. I looooooove Ida Lupino.) On Monday I set up my production shop and cranked them out. (Sewing movies: Angus and Alien.) Not the most enjoyable of sewing endeavors, but I needed some shirts, therefore the shirts must be sewn. My husband took some shots in the yard, after it RAINED.

Squinty me.

Husband is goofing off.

3 comments:

gold said...

Cute summer top!

Uta said...

Cute tops! Now this may sound weird but I think the goemetric neckline goes very well with your geometric hairstyle. Nice!

Angela said...

Ooo.. lovely tops! The print is awesome!