Friday, June 11, 2010

Trench Coat

I have decided to join the Trench Sew Along over here. I have a trench coat and I never wear it, so I am thinking I will probably make something more raincoaty. (I do live in Seattle.) While looking for coat patterns online, I ran across this little number:



I bought it. I'm not sure I will ever make it, but I had to have it. It is so wonderful/horrible that it needed to be mine. It's from 1975 and I love it!

Here is the back of the envelope.



On another note, I am much closer with my bodice drafting. Sometimes throwing a temper tantrum is all I need to get the frustration out of my system. I am still tweaking the pattern, but I have resolved some of the more obvious issues. And I drafted a sleeve that fit into the armhole. Very exciting, people.

1 comment:

Tasia said...

I kind of like that cape! Seems practical yet dramatic :) Good luck with your drafting!