Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy September 1


Hey Folks, it's good to be back. I've only sewn 2 things in July and August (both of them in August) but I've had a great, if busy summer.

  • Went camping
  • Travelled back home (Southern Oregon) for awhile
  • Taught some financial literacy classes for teens at the Boys and Girls Club
  • Was a camp counselor at Rain City Rock Camp for Girls
  • Volunteered at the first Seattle Ladies Rock Camp. (I am the lunch lady to end all lunch ladies)
  • Helped my daughter move
  • Read a lot of books
I've tried to keep up on all my blogs, but if I missed you, I'm sorry. Summer is always crazy busy for me.

Now for the sewing part of our entertainment. Simplicity 2586.


I have made the tunic from this pattern twice before. Not so flattering on me, but I'll wear them when it gets very hot out. However, I needed some new nightgowns and this pattern seemed perfect for a rather shapeless shift and did not take much fabric.


Not a great picture, but I wasn't really going to bother much with this dress. I'm not trying it on for you. It's short. Very very short. Fine for bed. Not so fine for display. However, it was a fast sew, and I have another one cut out and ready to go.

I'm happy to be back and am coming up with some plans for my fall sewing!

5 comments:

Uta said...

I'm exhausted just reading your summer activities' list. (And a little jealous; they sound like a lot of fun!) Welcome back!

Diane Drexel said...

I made this pattern as well "rather shapeless shift" is a spot-on description. I ended up taking mine apart and adding a lot of shaping to it so it wouldn't look like a housedress.

Angela said...

Cute! Love the fabric! Sounds ike you had a great summer... welcome back!

Faye Lewis said...

Wow what a summer! Love what you did with the Rowley dress.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

My nightgowns desperately need updating. You are inspiring me.