Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Simplicity 6742: The Finished Skirt

Yay! I am finally done with Simplicity 6742! And I am very happy with it.




For those who are new to this story, I decided to draft my own skirt based on my sloper rather than grade this vintage pattern up. (I blogged about it here and here.)


The skirt got a little twisted at the end.

Details include:

A side lapped zipper. (Instructions in my Reader's Digest New Complete Guide to Sewing.)
Hand sewn hem.
Inverted pleats at side back and side front seams.
A petersham ribbon waist facing. (Thank you Vogue Sewing.)

Pleat facings.

I really enjoyed this project. I got to draft my own pattern, while having the original vintage version to refer to when I got stuck. I think I'll do a couple more items like this.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Oh...I just love this. There's nothing like a good kick pleat on a skirt!
Jana

Angela said...

Ooo... great job! Love this skirt on you!

HeMa said...

your skirt is beautiful. i also want to sewing a skirt like that.