Monday, November 8, 2010

I Will Get Motivated!

Yeah, I lost my motivation these last two weeks. I've sewn nothing. I am taking a pattern making class at the New York Fashion Academy (which is kind of a silly name because it is in Seattle) so I don't feel like a total slacker. (The classes are a lot of fun btw. It is a bare bones operation, but my instructor Terry Horlamus sure knows her stuff, and what you get out of it directly correlates to how much effort you put in. I'll be taking her sloper class next. I have a sloper, but the fit can always be better.)

Part of my loss of inspiration has to do with the frustration I've been experiencing over trying to find a knit shirt pattern that I feel flatters my figure. I'm not a big knit fan, but it sure is convenient not to have to iron everything. I don't mind ironing, but sometimes I just want to wear a shirt. I am currently working on OOP Simplicity 3962. I have a dress from this pattern that is pretty cute; we'll see if I can get the fit better for the shirt.


I've decided to focus on tops right now, because I need more shirts that go with jeans. (Where is Faye and her Month of Tops Inspiration when I need it? I will channel her for awhile! She is working on her Lady Grey right now. I can't wait to see it!)

First up, I am going to work on muslins for Simplicity 3789 (maybe the wrap shirt)


And Simplicity 2447 (View C, but maybe with collar.)
Hopefully I'll get some of my motivation back.

3 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Yes girl, you know I've been thinking about the month of tops. But, alas I'm still plugging along with my coat. Have you seen this web sight? http://www.leko-mail.net/mod-e.php it has hundreds, maybe thousands of line drawings that might serve as inspiration to pull a pattern or two out of your stash for tops.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

So cool about the pattern drafting class! I would love to take one someday, but I fear my spatial challenges would make it an exercise in frustration and futility.

Angela said...

I agree with Faye... that website has great line drawings.