Monday, January 24, 2011

Korea Dress

Here is the official photo of the Korea dress. It's kind of a funny angle, but it's a live-action-on-the-spot shot.


Here I am giggling with the groom.

Because of the nature of this print, almost none of the detail shots came out. Here is my invisible zipper. I got the junction of zipper/skirt lined up on the first shot. (A miracle!)

Here is a close up of the neckline.

Details:
  • You can't see this from the picture, but it has short sleeves.
  • It covers all of my tattoos. (Not something I would do, but when in Seoul . . .)
  • I designed it using the sloper I developed at pattern making class.
  • It is loosely based on designs from the early 1960s.
  • The fabric is a stretch sateen from Fabric.com that is sadly sold out.
  • There are 4 waist darts in the front bodice, two in the back.
  • 4 tucks in both the skirt front and back.
  • The 4 front bodice darts line up with the 4 front tucks.
  • Because this is a fairly substantial stretch fabric, I did not line it.
  • I did not notice until I was about to sew it, that there was a major flaw in the fabric that was present on one side of the bodice. Luckily I had enough fabric to cut a new piece.
Here is a pretty food picture. This place had the best banchan. (Little side dishes.)





5 comments:

BrusselsSprout_Katharine said...

What a fun dress, the life of the party in Seoul (hee hee).
MMMmmm, the banchan has me salivating!

Linda said...

Very nice dress. It looks like it fits perfectly and I love the print. I like how you styled it with the sweater and belt.

Faye Lewis said...

That is a lovely dress and print. So glad you had a good time.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Perfect festive dress for a wedding! And impressive seam matching at the zipper.

Angela said...

Very impressive! You look fantastic in your dress! Nom nom nom... I'm so jealous of all the food you get to eat there!