Thursday, February 17, 2011

I gotta do what I gotta do

Here is a list of things I kinds feel I should be working on.
  1. Make my second muslin for my 20s dress. I am going to do at least one more muslin, but then I am going to leave it at that. (Probably.) I am curious to see if I can get a better looking silhouette, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. This style may never look good on me.
  2. Work on my Colette Patterns Crepe dress. I am having some issues with the bodice fit, and have set it aside since before Christmas. I'll get back to it because it would be a perfect spring dress.
  3. Make some nicer shirts. I need them.
But, I am not working on any of those things. I have temporarily lost interest and have decided to draft two new dresses.

The first is for my pattern making class. The assignment is a black dress and here is my drawing. (The certificate students all do their drawing with Illustrator.)
At home, I am working on the dress that was my alternate choice for the class assignment. I thought it would be fun for spring. It will be navy with the neckline piece in red. (I'm also thinking about putting some little red buttons around the pocket edge. I won't really know until I see it in real life.)

I just want to enjoy sewing, and sometimes that means throwing all my plans out of the window. I sure am having fun with these dresses, though.

3 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Oh I do understand. Go with your flow girl!

KID, MD said...

Those are both great designs! I'm all for sewing what you want. I always seem to produce better things that way.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

"I just want to enjoy sewing, and sometimes that means throwing all my plans out of the window."

Indeed! I don't generally enjoy sewing plans. It's my hobby, not my job!

Love your line drawings!