Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sewing Through the Decades: 60s and 70s

I haven't blogged in 2 weeks, because, while I have been sewing, I have nothing to show for it. My dress I am designing for class is going good, but slow. (Because I just work on it in class.) My princess seam dress needs to start over from the beginning, and the knit top I muslined from Simplicity 2554 was a disaster. (Me have a knit top disaster? Never!) (Always!) (Someday I will find a knit top pattern that I don't despise.)

I have a plan to make something that doesn't require endless fittings and muslins, but I'm not gonna talk about it because I don't want to jinx it. Not that I am superstitious. But seriously. It's been a while since I have had a successful project.

I am going to help myself not think about it, by posting my 60s and 70s patterns for the Sewing Through the Decades challenge. (I am so happy there is no deadlines for this. Right now, I am just having fun picking stuff out.)

My 60s dress.

I want to wear this dress every day. I want one each in black, brocade, and floral.

My 70s pick

I like the fact that the gathers under the bust are very small. Normally, I would not gravitate to this style, but I think there are a lot of things about it that might make it flattering on me.

Ok. Back to the struggle.

3 comments:

Debi said...

ooohh! Love both your 60's and 70's outfits--I've looked at that 70's pattern a few times! I think it's such a great look!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Excellent choices! I'm particularly partial to the 60s dress. Flattering without being too figure hugging=looks nicer than it should for being so comfortable.

Faye Lewis said...

Love both, but especially that Vogue Couture pattern. Bet you have lots of gems like those in your stash.