With shoes and crazy hair!
Instead of telling you what went wrong, I'm gonna tell you what went right! (I had a lot of issues with the sewing because I was sick during a great deal of the work. I need to focus on the positives.)
- Fits really well! (Because I used my sloper to draft it.)
- I love this corally pink. Very obnoxious.
- I used packaged bias tape for the armholes and it felt nice not to have to make it!
- My changes made it look even more 60s than the original. But not costumey. I hope.
- My first time with piping. And while it was not a perfect experience by any means, nobody is going to notice where I was less than perfect because the pink will distract them by burning out their retinas.
- I super-structured the button stand thingy with 2 layers of fabric and one layer of interfacing before I sewed it onto the bodice. No sagging from the heavy buttons!
- My neck facings extend to the armhole, so there is no rolling up.
- Mostly, my bodice and skirt seams and darts match up.
- I was going to bind the edges of the button stand with bias tape, but that did not work for me. So I used piping. And I learned I need some kind of foot for my machine if I am going to use it again. But, the piping does look kind of cool.
- A-line skirt is much more flattering on me than a short straight one.
Ok. I'm pretty happy with this. Next up: a dress sew-a-long with Faye, a 70's shirt, and another dress for a friend's wedding.