Thursday, May 12, 2011

Birthday Dress Inspiration

My birthday is next week and I'm gonna make myself a new dress. Here is my inspiration photo:



This is from the 2011 Marc Jacobs resort collection. What I love most: the buttons running down the front. Here are the changes I will make.

  1. My version will be pink! PINK! (With white accents.)
  2. It looks like there is elastic in the waist. Not for me.
  3. It looks like the waist is raised a bit, I'm gonna put mine at the natural waistline.
  4. Short, straight skirts are not really for me. I am going to lengthen it a bit, make it a slight a-line and maybe add some pleats. (or maybe not.)
  5. Lower the neckline very slightly.
I better get cracking!

2 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

That will make a "Pretty Sweet" birthday dress. Happy birthday in advance!

Faye Lewis said...

I'm about to make the Jalie scarf top again, this time sleeveless. I'm naming it Sweet Adelaide.