Thursday, June 30, 2011

Gaping Armhole Tutorial

So, when I made my first muslin the of the Sorbetto top from Colette patterns, I had a lot of gaping at the armholes.



I notice people taling about this problem a lot on blogs during the summer months, what with all of the sleeveless tops and dresses, and I thought I would do a tutorial on how to get rid that that excess and put it in the bust dart. (You can just make an armhole dart, but I like to move that dart into the bust dart. Just to be tidy.) Since the tutorial was so picture heavy, I decided to upload it onto the burdastyle website. (Also, I just wanted to try their tutorial format.) You can check it out here.

Look Ma, no gaping armhole!

3 comments:

daiyami said...

Thanks, bookmarked! I often have this issue.

Faye Lewis said...

Great tutorial. RE: Sorbetto Tank Top, I did a muslin prior to making the top and worked the pool problem out.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Nice tutorial, and great job on eliminating that gape! I am sure I will refer to it again in the future.