Thursday, July 28, 2011
Hey all! I'm still alive and kicking, just not sewing or blogging. It's Rain City Rock Camp for Girls Week and I am camp counselor to 4 girls ages 8 and 9. They wrote a break-up song, and their band name is Cool and Random Sweethearts. They are Hi-Larious. Back soon!
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Inspired by this project on Burdastyle, I decided that I too needed a top that tied at the shoulders. I just modified the Colette Patterns Sorbetto top and had my blouse a couple of hours later.
Modifications that I made:
- Took out center box pleat from Sorbetto top. (I just traced the pattern and left off the pleat extension from the front bodice piece.)
- Extended the front and back shoulder by 11 inches and tapered it at the end by using my ship's curve.
- Drew a facing piecing for the front and back to cover the armholes, neckline, and ties.
- I lengthened it a little, but not sure I am going to keep that change.
- I did not interface the facing.
- I may sew these knots together and put a little lingerie-strap under the knot. Not sure yet.
The fabric is a stretch cotton sateen that I thought would be heavier when I bought it online. The stripe is a dark olive green. I knew I was gonna like this shirt when my husband said to me "I can tell this is gonna be cute because it looks good even in muslin." (My favorite quote from him is when he looked at me in a self-designed dress and said "The fit on that is amazing!" I love it when he just gets it.)