Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mystery Box Challenge #1: the plan

I was gonna make a lavender linen skirt before I started my mystery box challenges, but really, it's almost September. Linen speaks of spring and summer to me. So, I'm gonna plan some new skirts to go with some seldom worn blouses instead. (But not right now.)

Ok. First challenge from the Fabric Mart mystery Box: The brown stretch poplin. (At least, that is what it seems like to me. It's a mystery.) I am pairing it with a light blue non-stretch poplin for a little color blocking. I've seen a lot of color blocking coming up for fall, and this has never been a trend I've jumped on before. However, I thought I would start out with something not-to-outrageous and see how it goes.



This is the original plan for this dress, and I think I'm gonna make it some day, but I'm kind of getting tired of all of my dresses having the same basic bodice structure with a bust and waist dart. (The only dress where I haven't done this is my red linen shift dress.) I'm gonna experiment with some gathers and yokes today, I think. We'll see.

1 comment:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Colorblocking is apparently a big thing right now. I like the idea of brown and ice blue!