Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mystery Box Challenge #2: The Plan

So, I've worn my Mystery Box Challenge color block dress a couple of times and I really love it, so I think I'm ready for challenge #2.  I'm gonna use the weird brocade fabric that I had no idea what to do with.
















Here is the line drawing for Vogue 8755.




















This pattern seemed like a good way to use both sides of the brocade.  Unfortunately, it did not suit me me at all.The neckline was unflattering, the bodice sits up too high for me, the darts are in the wrong place, and it was way too big under the bust (but fine at and above.)  I could totally spend a lot of time working to fit this too me, but I've decided to take my sloper, which fits me perfectly, and adjust it to pick up some of the details of this dress.  I don't have much need for a polyester brocade (I don't actually think it is brocade, but I don't know what to call it) dress, but I don't have any fun party dresses.  Maybe this can be that.

No comments: