Friday, December 2, 2011

Hey! I'm Still Here!

So, I just realized that I have not posted here in like a month.  Oops.  And I haven't sewn anything in that time either.  Double oops.  Well, I have two reasons for that.  One is that I have been trying to improve my wheel throwing skills in ceramics, and in order to do so I have had to put in a lot of time.  Throwing does not come natural to me, and it has taken quite a lot of work for me to get better.

The other sewing preventer is the fact that I have had to change my eating habits again (last time I realized I could no longer eat gluten.  ugh.) and I have been  slowly but surely getting smaller. Although that could change.  I would like my weight to stabilize before I get super busy sewing again.  However, I do need some shirts, so there should be some projects come up.

Mostly right now, I want to step back and think about my wardrobe as a whole and form a loose plan for what I really want it to be.  So for a little while, my posts should be geared around wardrobe thoughts and shirts.  Also bad pictures of ceramics.

Here are a couple of things I've made this quarter that I love.  There is no sunshine in Seattle right now, so these are the best I can do.  I think I'm gonna get my photographer friend to help me take some better pictures eventually.





3 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

It's great to have so many things you're good at.

Uta said...

Those are very pretty. DS wants to learn pottery making. Really, why should a blog be reduced to fibercrafts? Keep showing everything you're creatively making!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

I've never tried throwing pottery--it looks like magic to see something appear on the wheel!