Thursday, December 22, 2011

Violet: Take 2

Here is my second version of the Violet top from Colette Patterns.



















There is a little ripple in the collar in this picture, but it is not there in real life, just the way it is laying.  I moved the bust darts down to the proper place and am now pretty happy with this shirt.  I made a stupid mistake when cutting it out, so it is a hair shorter than the last version, and I also had a lot of issues getting the collar to be perfectly rounded where it goes up in the front.  I don't want to spend a lot of time monkeying with something that I am never going to get right, so I am going to change the collar for the next version.  The fabric came in a mystery box a couple of years ago and I am assuming that it is some kind of cotton.  It has little ridges on it like twill.  I dunno, it was nice to finally be able to use it up.  This is post-washing and there is NO bubbling of the interfacing.  All in all, I'm pretty happy with it!

2 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

I love the polka dot violet.This blouse pattern ,is wonderful.. Love it.. HAPPY sEWING.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Love the polka dots! The collar looks extremely symmetrical--which would totally be my challenge on this type of project.