Why yes, I did make another Violet top from Colette Patterns. I really need tops and I am not questioning anything that has got me excited about sewing right now. After suffering from repeated dry spells this year, I'm just happy to be enjoying myself again. With this version, I kept the modified cap sleeves, and added a semi-successful collar change.
I should have gone with smaller buttons, but I like these ones and it is too late to change my mind now. There looks like there is some weird pulling at the upper bust. Hmm. I did not see that on the other versions. Not sure if I am going to care. Probably not. The fabric is a stretch cotton I got from Gorgeous Fabrics ages ago. It is a little thicker than the other fabrics I have used. It works, but may be contributing upper bust shenanigans. You can't really see the collar changes, so I will show you with the magic of the camera.
I could never get the curved part of the collar to look just right, no matter how hard I tried, so I just straightened it out. It mostly worked.
You can see in this picture, which is taken with the garment flat, that by adding the little square parts, where the curves used to be, that the collar points are to close together. It is not that noticeable on, because I am round instead of flat, but I will correct it for future versions. All in all, I am pretty happy with this.
I do have plans for two more of these, but with more drastic alterations. I am going to add a front yoke on one version and change the bust darts into shoulder tucks for another. Like I said, whatever keeps me enjoying sewing and providing tops is a good thing.