Friday, January 27, 2012

Practical Sewing: Painting Smock

A while back I made a ceramics smock with Simplicity 2245.  I decided I wanting the same thing for painting, so I just grabbed the same pattern and made it straight out of the envelope.  Nothing fancy, but practical and useful.  The fabric is a lightweight quilting cotton that will last for a while.  I'm thinking of making the dress version of this, but who knows.  I think about a lot of things.  If I were to make it again, I would do the sleeves differently.  The way I have them now is great for protecting the short sleeves of anything I wear underneath this, but is not so flattering to me.




5 comments:

Sheila said...

Cute smock

Lisette M said...

Very practical, and cute!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Love the fabric! You can use it for years before anyone realizes there's paint on it. (I hope that doesn't sound snarky--def not meant to be.)

Ginger said...

I love this! It's very stylish and practical at the same time!

Faye Lewis said...

I've really enjoyed making the aprons. There are other cute ones I want to make, but I'll take a little break for a while.