Monday, January 9, 2012

Violet Save

So, remember my blue violet shirt with the bust darts that were too high and the collar where the interfacing bubbled?  Well, I managed to save it.
Ta da!



















I just ripped out the darts and redid them lower down.  Easy peasy.  I was going to rip out the collar too, but the top buttonhole made that too hard, so I decided to add some embroidery to the collar to distract (cover up) the bubbles.  (The color of the previous picture is more accurate.)














It took me about three hours to do the whole collar.  Now I like it even more than I did before!

2 comments:

Uta said...

That is such a sweet look! And I can't believe you did this in three hours... more like five, for me!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

I love, love the embroidery on the collar.. tooooooo pretty.