Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Violet With Curved Front Yoke

Yup, I made another Violet blouse.  This time I moved the bust dart into the shoulder and made a curved yoke piece using the instructions in Metric Pattern Cutting for Women's Wear by Winifred Aldrich.

Here's a photo that kind of illustrates what I mean.  (I'm thinking of making a tutorial.)  I will separate and reassemble the yoke piece and use gathers instead of a dart on the shirt.




















Because I made another black shirt, the details don't show up to well, so here is a close-up that has been lightened. (You can click on it to make it bigger.)










Here is what the shirt looks like on me.

I am very happy with this version of the shirt.  The next one won't be black, so maybe you'll be able to see the details.  My next project will actually not be a Violet blouse though.  I need to make a smock to paint in.

From the back.


4 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Great fit. Dart manipulation - so advanced!

Carol Campbell said...

Really well done. Very nice fit and choice of fabrics.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Adorable! Love the little yoke inset in the front, adds a sweet little touch to a nice basic.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

What a cute idea.. Love it.