So, I have not sewn anything for a couple of weeks, and it may be a couple more before I make anything new. I've been sick for awhile, and it's not going to change anytime soon. (My visit to the endocrinologist is not for awhile.) I am very slowly working on a Vogue skirt, but I am at the fitting stage (my least favorite stage of all) and finding it hard to get up any motivation. I may switch to a pattern I've made before, but then again, I may not. Ah well.
Anyway, since there is no sewing going on, I thought I would get a little personal and let you know somethings about me that I have maybe not shared.
1) I am a film writer for the MacGuffin website. If you are interested, my stuff can be found here.
2) I do not make etchings very often, but my degree is in printmaking and painting, so when I ask you to come look at my etchings, I mean it.
3) My favorite cake flavor is peanut butter. I am gluten intolerant, but I can make most any cake/cookie/quickbread type item by substituting gluten-free flour for wheat flour by weight.
4) I read a lot. I am a big fan of mysteries and Victorian sensation novels. I am not particularly fond of modern literary fiction or Charles Dickens. The best book I read last year was A Hazard of New Fortunes by William Dean Howells. I don't think he is a particularly fashionable person to read anymore, but this was a lovely book about life in New York City at the end of the 19th Century.
1) I love to travel. This year's trips will include Austin, Hawaii, Taiwan, and probably Korea (again). I could never afford to travel when I was younger, so I am taking full advantage of it now.
Well, that's enough for today. Have a great week!