Thursday, March 15, 2012

Simplicity 9505

Hey!  I made something.  Nothing fancy, though.  Last Sunday I felt kinda good, so I thought I would make something simple from my stash.  I grabbed some cotton lawn, and a nightgown pattern and went to town.


Here is a detail of the top.

Not that many construction details here.  I made my own drawstrings and bias tape, and the pattern instructions were pretty straightforward.  I did have to go in after I was done and remove about 2 inches  from each side under the armpit.  It was way too loose.  Nothing to write home about here, but it was nice to get something done.

5 comments:

Uta said...

I love that fabric, so pretty! I'd definitely wear it out and about...

Sew Blessed Maw said...

So pretty...

Ginger said...

Really cute! That fabric is adorable!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

What a lovely print! I should make a cotton nightie like that. All mine are knit and get all stretched out.

Sheila said...

Pretty and so need summer night gowns.. my current ones are frayed and the straps are barely hanging on....