Thursday, April 12, 2012

Simplicity 2258

I am not a big fan of the elastic waist anything.  As an hourglass, any extra fabric around my waist is not gonna look good.  But I wanted to make a straight skirt without a lot of fitting because I'm still not feeling that well and wanted an easy project.  So, I bought Simplicity 2258, which looked kind of cute.

Well, it's just ok on me, but whatever.  I didn't expect this to be the greatest skirt ever.  (Although, you know that every time you make something, you kind of hope it will be.)


When I wear this in real life I'm going to pair it with a longer shirt, to cover up some the balloon effect that this has on me.  (You know you're not doing that well when the "hands in pocket" picture is the best one.)  The pockets are okay - although I don't use pockets much - and I am not sold on the side slit. Oh well.  This was very easy to make with good instructions.

7 comments:

Sheila said...

Cute skirt and adding it to my pattern list. The top you are wearing looks good with it and thinking if you wore a longer top it mayconflict with the pockets.

Faye Lewis said...

I think it's a nice skirt. I'm particularly drawn to the pockets.

Ginger said...

This seems like a nice comfy skirt for hot summer days! Maybe it will grow on you as you wear it more. I think it's cute!

THE "NOTEBOOK" TEAM said...

This is a nice skirt and IMHO it looks great on you. Perhaps it's because it's a bit different to what you usually wear, but I hope you'll stick with it and wear it often. And yes, I like the pockets too. Too often garments seem incomplete without pockets.

Allison said...

I've made this pattern as well and had about the same reaction you did. Bummer.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

The old elastic waist dilemma. It's just so much easier! Lately I've been cheating by doing a hybrid--fitted waistband with zipper, but thread elastic through the waistband to ensure perfect fit.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

I like your skirt.. looks cute on you.. sorry your not so happy with it.. Sometimes.. it takes a little while and changing up the top...might make you happier with it.ha
Hope you feel better soon.